Saturday, July 7, 2007

design patterns, design and patterns

I enjoyed reading the Rethinking Design Patterns post from the coding horros blog. It reminded me a short lightning talk by Mark Jason Dominus, which he gave at YAPC Israel 2003 (which I helped organize at Haifa university). It also reminded me to find the time to read A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander (after I find the actual book... -- I'll probably order it from a bookstore) and see what the fuss is all about. I do remember reading Design Patterns by the Gang of Four (GOF), and remember that I did not understand what the book is about and why Design Patterns is a big deal that so many people find so cool and useful. Perhaps I need to re-read the book and possibly get a fresh new insight and opinion about it. Anyway... I just added Alexander's book to my shopping cart, and next time that I'll bulk order books I will probably order it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment